Ellington and Peters left out of Holland trip
NATHAN Ellington and Jaime Peters’ days at Ipswich Town look numbered after Paul Jewell failed to name them in the squad which will travel to Holland tomorrow for a two-game pre-season tour.
Versatile right-back Peters didn’t make a single league appearance for the Blues last season, while striker Ellington made just three starts in his debut campaign at Portman Road.
Jewell said towards the end of the campaign that it might be time that both players ‘looked to move on’.
Trialist Cheick Kourouma will also have to stay in Ipswich as the Blues continue to battle red-tape surrounding the teenager midfielder’s proposed switch, while Tommy Smith cannot take part due to his Olympic commitments with New Zealand.
The EADT understands that two other young, foreign triallists will travel. Neither of them are believed to be a goalkeeper though, meaning Arran Lee-Barrett is the squad’s only custodian.
You may also want to watch:
New signing Elliott Hewitt will join the squad at their base just outside of Eindhoven, despite the fact that the young right-back is out-of-action until October following hip surgery.
Latest recruit Luke Chambers travels, as do youngsters Byron Lawrence, Jack Ainsley, Joe Whight and Ronan Murray.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
The Blues face Helmond Sport on Tuesday and Den Bosch on Thursday. Both games kick-off at 6pm GMT.
SQUAD: Lee-Barrett; Edwards, Hewitt, Ainsley, Chambers, Delaney, Cresswell, Whight; Emmanuel-Thomas, Carson, Bullard, Drury, Hyam, Stevenson, Martin, Lawrence; Chopra, Scotland, Murray.