Ellington and Peters left out of Holland trip
NATHAN Ellington and Jaime Peters’ days at Ipswich Town look numbered after Paul Jewell failed to name them in the squad which will travel to Holland tomorrow for a two-game pre-season tour.
Versatile right-back Peters didn’t make a single league appearance for the Blues last season, while striker Ellington made just three starts in his debut campaign at Portman Road.
Jewell said towards the end of the campaign that it might be time that both players ‘looked to move on’.
Trialist Cheick Kourouma will also have to stay in Ipswich as the Blues continue to battle red-tape surrounding the teenager midfielder’s proposed switch, while Tommy Smith cannot take part due to his Olympic commitments with New Zealand.
The EADT understands that two other young, foreign triallists will travel. Neither of them are believed to be a goalkeeper though, meaning Arran Lee-Barrett is the squad’s only custodian.
New signing Elliott Hewitt will join the squad at their base just outside of Eindhoven, despite the fact that the young right-back is out-of-action until October following hip surgery.
Latest recruit Luke Chambers travels, as do youngsters Byron Lawrence, Jack Ainsley, Joe Whight and Ronan Murray.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 8 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 9 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk costal restaurant
- 10 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
The Blues face Helmond Sport on Tuesday and Den Bosch on Thursday. Both games kick-off at 6pm GMT.
SQUAD: Lee-Barrett; Edwards, Hewitt, Ainsley, Chambers, Delaney, Cresswell, Whight; Emmanuel-Thomas, Carson, Bullard, Drury, Hyam, Stevenson, Martin, Lawrence; Chopra, Scotland, Murray.