McCarthy to bring in ‘a few fresh faces’ at Villa as he hints at Huws start
Mick McCarthy is set to field ‘a few fresh faces’ when Ipswich Town face Aston Villa tomorrow, while he hinted at a start for Emyr Huws.
Huws returned to the side as a second-half substitute in the 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday, but McCarthy has now said the midfielder is ‘ready to play’ and could do so at a ground he scored the winner at last season.
The Ipswich Town boss has no further injury concerns aside from David McGoldrick’s absence following surgery on his groin, with Jonas Knudsen coming back into the side in place of Myles Kenlock.
“There will be a few fresh faces in the team tomorrow. It’s nice to have a few more options,” he said.
“All the players except Didzy so we’ve got the same squad apart from David McGoldrick. He has been playing well, Didz, and I hope we don’t miss him.
You may also want to watch:
“Whoever comes in, whether it’s one or more than one, I hope they play as well as he has.
“Emyr is ready to play but we’ll see whether he covers 90 minutes or not but it’s great to have him back.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash
Tommy Smith and Tom Adeyemi both remain sidelined, with McCarthy unsure whether Adeyemi will be ready in time for his planned return against Nottingham Forest next Saturday,
“Tom is still with the physio and Forest is coming pretty quickly now, so I’m not so sure about that.
“He was fit to play but he just aggravated it.”