Evans to push the boat out for Bullard
It’s time for Jimmy Bullard to put his money where his mouth is.
Reclusive Blues owner Marcus Evans will personally negotiate with the midfielder’s agent (Simon Dent) this week in an attempt to get the larger-than-life character back amongst a confidence-rocked Town dressing room.
With employers Hull City in the process of terminating his lucrative contract, a number of clubs have moved quickly to declare their interest in a player that cost �5m just two years ago.
And with Premier League quartet QPR, Wolves, Bolton and Wigan said to be among them, Town – who have just leaked 12 goals in two games against newly-promoted sides – wouldn’t necessarily appear to be at the front of the queue.
However, Bullard said earlier in the summer that, aged 32, regular football is more important to him than money, adding that he would be a ‘very happy man’ should he return to Suffolk following a successful loan spell.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a crisis of confidence amongst the players at present and Jimmy is a the type of character who could help lift the spirits,” said Jewell.
“I spoke to his agent twice yesterday and he’ll be speaking to the owner (Marcus Evans) soon. He’ll be expensive, but we’re going to be as competitive as we can to bring him here.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
“All players say they just want to play football, but I spoke to one player who said that to me earlier in the summer and when I asked him to play for us for free he said no!
“Jimmy he’ll call me back once he’s signed for someone else. I saw him on TV last year with Chris Kamara and he asked me to phone him. I did and he didn’t answer!”