'Paul Cook was a massive factor' - Clements signs for Chesterfield
- Credit: Chesterfield FC
Ex-Ipswich Town defender Bailey Clements has signed for Chesterfield.
The 21-year-old left-back came through the Blues youth ranks and made nine senior appearances for his boyhood club, including four League One starts in the season just gone, before recently being released.
He is now reunited with his former Town boss Paul Cook, as well as first team coach Gary Roberts, in Derbyshire.
Chesterfield recently finished seventh in the National League table before losing to Solihull Moors in the play-off semi-finals.
“I’m really excited and looking forward to getting going," said Clements, the EADT and Ipswich Star having been the first to reveal the move last week.
"Linking up with the gaffer again, it was a no-brainer to come here.
“I’ve heard a lot of good things about the club and the town itself. A couple of loan spells haven’t gone exactly as I would like, but I’m now ready to make an impact.
“(Paul Cook) was a massive factor. He gave me my opportunity at Ipswich, he put his trust in me and I like to think I repaid him.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
“I’m hard-working. I get up and down, defensive duties definitely come first but when I can get forward and into the attacking third, I can get a cross in and hopefully get assists.
"I'm ready to play 30-40 games in a season now and kick on in my career."