Ex Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane’s criticism shot down by Sir Alex Ferguson
EX-Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane received a withering put-down by former mentor Sir Alex Ferguson following his damning assessment of Manchester United’s Champions League exit.
Keane lambasted the club he used to play for in the wake of their 2-1 defeat to Basle in Switzerland last night – a result which dumped them into the Europa League.
The controversial Irishman claimed it was “a reality check” for the likes of Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Ashley Young, all of whom received substantial praise for their performances during United’s flying start to the season.
Clearly, Ferguson was unimpressed.
“I don’t know why you are bringing up the views of a TV critic,” said the Scot. “He had an opportunity to prove himself as a manager too. It is a difficult job.”
You may also want to watch:
– Current under-fire Town manager Paul Jewell is due to speak to the press at lunchtime today following a run of seven straight defeats. For all the latest news, keep an eye on this website.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich