Ex-Ipswich Town loan star Tom Lawrence set to join Derby County for £10m
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town could come face-to-face with last season’s loan star Tom Lawrence in 2017/18, as the talented winger looks set to sign for Championship rivals Derby County in a move worth up to £10m.
Lawrence, 23, was one of very few bright spots for the Blues last season, scoring 11 goals in 36 games while on loan from Leicester City.
While he was clearly out of Town’s price range this summer, it had been thought that the Foxes would give him a chance to prove his talent in the Premier League.
But with the Rams having just sold Tom Ince to Huddersfield for £11m, they have money to spend and see Lawrence as a perfect replacement.
If Lawrence did sign for Derby, he’d line up against the Blues at Pride Park on Tuesday, September 12, before returning to Portman Road on Saturday, December 30.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Is Lawrence worth £10m? Let us know!
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 6 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed