Ex-Ipswich Town loan star Tom Lawrence set to join Derby County for £10m
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town could come face-to-face with last season’s loan star Tom Lawrence in 2017/18, as the talented winger looks set to sign for Championship rivals Derby County in a move worth up to £10m.
Lawrence, 23, was one of very few bright spots for the Blues last season, scoring 11 goals in 36 games while on loan from Leicester City.
While he was clearly out of Town’s price range this summer, it had been thought that the Foxes would give him a chance to prove his talent in the Premier League.
But with the Rams having just sold Tom Ince to Huddersfield for £11m, they have money to spend and see Lawrence as a perfect replacement.
If Lawrence did sign for Derby, he’d line up against the Blues at Pride Park on Tuesday, September 12, before returning to Portman Road on Saturday, December 30.
What do you think? Is Lawrence worth £10m? Let us know!
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled