FA CUP THIRD ROUND DRAW: Ipswich Town drawn away at Aston Villa in the Cup
IPSWICH Town will travel to Premier League Aston Villa in the FA Cup Third Round.
The Blues were this afternoon drawn against Villa, now managed by former Norwich City boss Paul Lambert and with ex-Town favourite Darren Bent in their ranks.
Villa are currently fifth from bottom in the top-flight after winning just three of their first 15 league games this season.
The two sides last met in the 2001/02 season when a goalless draw at Portman Road followed a 2-1 win for the hosts at Villa Park.
Finidi George put Town in front but a brace from Juan Pablo Angel gave Villa the win.
You may also want to watch:
In all, the two sides have met 53 times with Villa winning 22 of those and Ipswich 18.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!