Fan preview: Ipswich Town will beat Millwall, but let’s see the kids
IPSWICH Town fan Zach Ward previews tomorrow’s game with Millwall...
With the season drawing to a close, hopefully Saturday’s game with Millwall will see a few of the club’s potential stars of the future feature.
I am a big fan of Luke Hyam and Josh Carson, and with nothing really left to play for, the pair may get a chance as we look towards next season.
Cody Cropper, Byron Lawrence and Joe Whight could also be amongst the substitutes.
Supporters always enjoy seeing the young talent come through the ranks and it would be great to give the fans a win and a glimpse of the future in the final home game of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Despite how well we played on Tuesday night against Birmingham, the Lions have been on decent form themselves, and I can’t see us having it all our own way.
They are second in the form table, having taken 13 points from a possible 18, and have done really well again this season to steer clear of the drop zone.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
But I think we have shown over the past three months that, on our day, we can beat anybody in the Championship.
I think Tuesday was probably the best 90 minutes in terms of performance I have seen this campaign and if we can take it into the final two games, we can really look forward to next season with a bit of confidence.
Delaney and Smith were excellent in the week and have formed a real steady partnership, and we look a much better side with Andy Drury in the team.
Fingers crossed he will keep his starting berth as when he plays, we seem to keep the ball on the floor, and he brings much pace and energy to the midfield.
Although both teams have nothing to play for, it does have the potential to be a good game. I predict we will win and continue our good run, with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Jason Scotland getting on the scoresheet.
If we can add a few more goals to our performances, six points from the final games is more than achievable.
Prediction - 2-1 Ipswich win
- What do you think? Do you agree with Zach that Town will win? Let us know by posting a comment below.