Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- Credit: Contributed
A leading Ipswich Town supporters group has posted a mock front page, called 'The Fail', with the headline 'SHAMEFUL', on the gates outside Portman Road calling for manager Paul Lambert to go.
The Blue Action group have been responsible for a succession of banners at the club over the last two years, including one placed outside the training ground back in November calling for Lambert to go, then.
In November and after hanging the banner, the group posted on social media: “Whilst it’s been clear since at least last season that Lambert isn’t up to the task of getting us promoted, we were reluctant to call for his head.
"We gave him support when he first arrived, despite his previous connections. We gave him another chance this season, despite how badly we collapsed last season."
The front page was put up after another poor result for the Blues, which saw them lose 0-1 to Peterborough at Portman Road yesterday, as fans' frustrations continue to rise.
It is back-to-back home defeats for Lambert's side, after the Posh defeat. They now face Sunderland at Portman Road on Tuesday night.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases