Fitness battles ahead of Blades clash
IPSWICH Town are sweating on the fitness of a number of their players ahead of tomorrow night's home game with Sheffield United.Jon Walters suffered a jarred knee in the 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday, while Pablo Counago has a dead leg.
IPSWICH Town are sweating on the fitness of a number of their players ahead of tomorrow night's home game with Sheffield United.
Jon Walters suffered a jarred knee in the 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday, while Pablo Counago has a dead leg.
Blues boss Jim Magilton today said: “We have been wrapping Jon up in cotton-wool because he has had a problem with his knee and he took a knock on it early on Saturday so we will have to see how he is later.”
You may also want to watch:
Alan Quinn is hoping to play against his former side and will be assessed after training today as he recovers from an ankle injury.
Magilton said: “We will see how Alan is today but he didn't take him to Southampton so he could have extra time to get fit and he has responded well to treatment.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Velice Sumulikoski was another on the treatment table this morning but is expected to be fit.