Fitness battles ahead of Blades clash
IPSWICH Town are sweating on the fitness of a number of their players ahead of tomorrow night's home game with Sheffield United.Jon Walters suffered a jarred knee in the 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday, while Pablo Counago has a dead leg.
IPSWICH Town are sweating on the fitness of a number of their players ahead of tomorrow night's home game with Sheffield United.
Jon Walters suffered a jarred knee in the 1-1 draw with Southampton on Saturday, while Pablo Counago has a dead leg.
Blues boss Jim Magilton today said: “We have been wrapping Jon up in cotton-wool because he has had a problem with his knee and he took a knock on it early on Saturday so we will have to see how he is later.”
Alan Quinn is hoping to play against his former side and will be assessed after training today as he recovers from an ankle injury.
Magilton said: “We will see how Alan is today but he didn't take him to Southampton so he could have extra time to get fit and he has responded well to treatment.”
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
Velice Sumulikoski was another on the treatment table this morning but is expected to be fit.