Five Ipswich Town youngsters sign first pro deals
- Credit: Ross Halls
Five young Ipswich Town players have signed their first professional contracts with the club.
Fraser Alexander, Antoni Bort, Harley Curtis, Alfie Cutbush and Brooklyn Kabongolo have all signed one-year deals, with the club having the option to extend each one by a further 12 months.
All five were involved in the Blues’ impressive FA Youth Cup run last season, which saw the youngsters reach the last four of the prestigious competition before ultimately falling to Liverpool.
Midfielder Alexander captained that side, while injury kept goalkeeper Bort out of the Liverpool match after he suffered a concussion in the quarter-final victory over Sheffield United.
Curtis netted the winner as the Blues knocked Fulham out of the competition while Kabongolo also scored in that game. Cutbush scored twice against Southend earlier in the run.
All five youngsters will be pushing for regular football in Kieron Dyer’s Under 23 side next season.
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 7 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 8 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
- 9 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day