'If it had been 3-0 or 4-0, I don’t think many people will have had too many complaints' - Fleetwood boss
- Credit: PA
Fleetwood manager Simon Grayson said he felt if last night's game against Ipswich had ended 'three or four-nil', nobody could have complained.
The Cod Army moved up to 11th in League One after easily overcoming a poor Ipswich Town side, who rarely threatened.
Fleetwood are not just five points off the play-offs and they are unbeaten in six.
“We were really good tonight and really positive throughout,” Grayson told the Blackpool Gazette. “It was a quick start from us and we got into Ipswich’s faces. We just didn’t allow them to settle.
“They’ve got really good players all over the pitch, players who will hurt you if you allow them time and space. We just didn’t allow them that, though.
You may also want to watch:
“When we had possession of the ball we were composed and used it really well.
“Overall it was a really good performance, both collectively as a team and individually.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“If it had been 3-0 or 4-0 I don’t think many people who witnessed the game will have had too many complaints. We mixed our game up well and our defensive unit was immense from start to finish.
“The front two were a real handful as well. Overall it was a great performance from the lads.”
Fleetwood entertain Swindon at Highbury Stadium on Saturday, Ipswich travel to Portsmouth.