Former Ipswich Town loanee Jonny Williams is a target for Crystal Palace’s Premier League rivals Swansea City
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town loan star Jonny Williams is a transfer target for Premier League side Swansea City, according to reports in South Wales.
The 20-year-old Crystal Palace midfielder enjoyed a successful temporary spell at Portman Road, during the final weeks of last season, and Blues boss Mick McCarthy admitted he would be keen on bringing him back to Suffolk this summer.
The Wales international moved to Ipswich after seeing his chances at Selhurst Park limited and conceded he may have to seek pastures new.
“I spoke to my agent who says (Swansea) were interested,” Williams told the South Wales Evening Post.
“I need to play football, preferably at Palace, but if not I’d have to consider playing elsewhere.
“It’s hard to think about (leaving) because I’ve been there for so long.
You may also want to watch:
“If I can get in the team at Palace, that’s the main thing.
“But I need to play football at Palace, and I wasn’t last year because I ended up going on loan.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
He added: “Swansea are a great team. They’ve shown over the last few years that they can do it at the top level.
“I haven’t heard much personally about if anything’s been offered, but I’m sure I’ll know more about it in the next few weeks.”