Former Ipswich Town loanee Jonny Williams is a target for Crystal Palace’s Premier League rivals Swansea City
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town loan star Jonny Williams is a transfer target for Premier League side Swansea City, according to reports in South Wales.
The 20-year-old Crystal Palace midfielder enjoyed a successful temporary spell at Portman Road, during the final weeks of last season, and Blues boss Mick McCarthy admitted he would be keen on bringing him back to Suffolk this summer.
The Wales international moved to Ipswich after seeing his chances at Selhurst Park limited and conceded he may have to seek pastures new.
“I spoke to my agent who says (Swansea) were interested,” Williams told the South Wales Evening Post.
“I need to play football, preferably at Palace, but if not I’d have to consider playing elsewhere.
“It’s hard to think about (leaving) because I’ve been there for so long.
“If I can get in the team at Palace, that’s the main thing.
“But I need to play football at Palace, and I wasn’t last year because I ended up going on loan.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
He added: “Swansea are a great team. They’ve shown over the last few years that they can do it at the top level.
“I haven’t heard much personally about if anything’s been offered, but I’m sure I’ll know more about it in the next few weeks.”