'It'll be good to go back' - Sears on Town return
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Striker Freddie Sears is looking forward to returning to Portman Road with Colchester United this evening.
The 31-year-old moved down the A12 in the summer following his Ipswich Town release, returning to the Essex club after six-and-a-half years with the Blues.
He, along with the likes of Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse, could be involved tonight when Ipswich and Colchester face off in the Papa John's Trophy, with the winner advancing to the next round.
"We played them in pre-season (3-3 draw), so you see them again," he told the Colchester Gazette, when asked if he was looking forward to a reunion.
"It'll be good to go back and see some familiar faces and hopefully we can get through in that as well."
Sears leads the U's scoring charts with six goals in all competitions.
As well as Chambers, Skuse and Sears, Alan Judge swapped Ipswich for Colchester in the summer, though the Irishman has been out injured for the last month.
Dean Gerken, Tommy Smith, Tom Eastman and Frank Nouble are the other former Ipswich players in the Colchester squad, while Armando Dobra is currently on loan from the Blues.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 10 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents