Frederic Veseli close to signing for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are closing in on Swiss trialist Frederic Veseli, but we understand a deal will not be completed today.
The former Manchester United and Manchester City defender has been training with the Blues and impressed in Town’s 2-1 victory at Gillingham on Tuesday evening.
Veseli’s agent Adam Bouskouchi exclusively revealed to our chief football writer Stuart Watson, yesterday, that his client was keen on a move to Portman Road
“Freddie has really enjoyed working with Mick McCarthy and Terry Connor,” he said.
“He has not been short of offers and turned down a couple of concrete offers because he just didn’t feel they were right.
“A lot of people in the game recommended he went and worked with Mick McCarthy and they are certainly his number one choice.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 9 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches