Free agent striker Leon Best scores in Ipswich Town Under-23s defeat to Birmingham City
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have handed a trial to much-travelled striker Leon Best.
Best, who most recently played for Rotherham United in the Championship last season, was handed a start for Town’s under-23 team in their home game with Birmingham City.
Best, 29, made his professional debut at Southampton, but has also featured for Newcastle United, Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry City, amongst several others.
He scored the winner at Portman Road last season, in Rotherham’s 1-0 victory.
Luke Varney, Tommy Smith, Paul Digby and Andre Dozzell were amongst the other players starting this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Town lost 3-2, Best and Adam McDonnell grabbing the Blues’ goals, while Andre Dozzell missed a penalty.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab