Full time: Hull City 2 Ipswich Town 2
TWO Grant Leadbitter goals completed a stunning comeback for Ipswich Town as the Blues stifled Hull City’s play-off push
The Blues midfielder scored from the spot on 66 minutes, then with a rasping finish from distance on 70 minutes, firing home from Jason Scotland’s cut-back.
Robbie Brady’s 18th-minute shot took a huge deflection off Tommy Smith to wrong-foot Alex McCarthy in the Blues’ goal and give Hull the lead.
The hosts had the better of the opening half but failed to create many clear-cut chances, Matt Fryatt going the closest with a shot from range.
The Blues started the second half the better team, so it came as a surprise when Robert Koren seemingly put the game beyond their range with a low strike from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
But the Town fightback began when Aaron Mclean kicked Tommy Smith in the head, in the penalty area, and Leadbitter hit a cool penalty past Vito Mannone.
And four minutes later, the former Sunderland man sent the Ipswich fans home happy, belting home a stunning drive from 25 yards.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season