FULL TIME: Ipswich 3 Crystal Palace 0
Three goals late in the first half sealed the point for the Blues with Nouble’s goals in the 37th minute and stoppage time, sandwiched in between Cresswell’s stunner which also came in extra-time.
After a scrappy 35 minutes or so, Nouble took advantage of a mistake by Palace stopper Julian Speroni, on the edge of his own box, to roll the ball into an empty net.
Cresswell then made it two, firing home a half-volley from 25 yards, into the top corner, giving Speroni no chance.
With the Blues in dreamland, Nouble then made it three from the restart, robbing Peter Ramage of the ball and confidently beating Speroni from 18 yards.
Palace tried to get back into the game in the second half and Kevin Phillips hit the post late on, while Scott Loach made three smart stops.
You may also want to watch:
The closest Town came was when Speroni smothered on the ball at the back post to prevent Luke Hyam’s toe-poke from making it four.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores