Fulop leaves Town for Premier League
MARTON Fulop has joined Premier League side West Brom on a free transfer.
Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell confirmed the transfer of the Hungarian international after this afternoon’s 3-0 win over Bristol City.
Jewell admitted that letting Fulop leave was something of a risk given the fact current number one David Stockdale could return to his parent club Fulham within any 24-hour period.
But Jewell said: “We wish Marton well, he is a terrific professional. But if you are going to play second fiddle, you might as well go to the Premier League.
“We are on tenterhooks with David because he is on recall but it is a chance we are going to take and hopefully it will work out for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Fulop was not on the bench for today’s match at Ashton Gate, Arran Lee-Barrett acting as Stockdale’s deputy.
But Jewell confirmed he would now be looking to add a third keeper to his squad.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina