GALLERY: Gillingham 1 Ipswich Town 2
- Credit: Archant
First-year professional David October grabbed an injury-time winner as Ipswich Town won 2-1 at Gillingham on Tuesday evening.
The youngster struck from distance on the half-volley to cancel out former Norwich City striker Cody McDonald’s leveller, 10 seconds after the break, for the Kent outfit
David McGoldrick had earlier given the Blues a first-half lead with a stunning free-kick from 30 yards that gave Stuart Nelson little chance.
Town fielded former defender Titus Bramble as one of three trialists, the others being former Manchester United and Manchester City defender Frederic Veseli and Tottenham Hotspurs’ South African centre-back Bongani Khumalo.
Town travel to Barnet on Saturday for their next pre-season friendly, kick-off at The Hive, 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
PHOTOS: STEVE WALLER @Stephen_Waller
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager