GALLERY: Ipswich Town first teamers seal progress in the Suffolk Premier Cup at Walsham-le-Willows
AN experienced Ipswich Town side ran out 5-1 winners at non-league side Walsham-le-Willows in the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup last night.
With new Blues boss Mick McCarthy watching on, Luke Hyam scored twice, with Michael Chopra, Jason Scotland and Ronan Murray also netting before the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division hosts netted a late consolation.
Town – back in the local competition following a two-year absence – have set up a quarter-final tie at Felixstowe & Walton United.
Keeper Scott Loach was forced off with a thigh injury, while left-back Kelly Youga played on the day he signed a short-term deal with the club. Elliott Hewitt, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Andy Drury, Nathan Ellington, Bilel Moshni, Jack Ainsley, Arran Lee-Barrett and Byron Lawrence also featured for Town.
To see a gallery of photographs from last night’s game at Summer Road, click the link on the top right.
You may also want to watch:
For full match report – and to see a video of Luke Hyam’s excellent second goal – go to: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/video_luke_hyam_nets_twice_as_ipswich_town_progress_in_suffolk_premier_cup_1_1692637
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence