GALLERY: Ipswich Town first teamers seal progress in the Suffolk Premier Cup at Walsham-le-Willows
AN experienced Ipswich Town side ran out 5-1 winners at non-league side Walsham-le-Willows in the John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup last night.
With new Blues boss Mick McCarthy watching on, Luke Hyam scored twice, with Michael Chopra, Jason Scotland and Ronan Murray also netting before the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division hosts netted a late consolation.
Town – back in the local competition following a two-year absence – have set up a quarter-final tie at Felixstowe & Walton United.
Keeper Scott Loach was forced off with a thigh injury, while left-back Kelly Youga played on the day he signed a short-term deal with the club. Elliott Hewitt, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Andy Drury, Nathan Ellington, Bilel Moshni, Jack Ainsley, Arran Lee-Barrett and Byron Lawrence also featured for Town.
To see a gallery of photographs from last night’s game at Summer Road, click the link on the top right.
For full match report – and to see a video of Luke Hyam’s excellent second goal – go to: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/video_luke_hyam_nets_twice_as_ipswich_town_progress_in_suffolk_premier_cup_1_1692637
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 10 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit