GALLERY: Ipswich Town v Watford days gone by
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town go in search of their first victory against Watford at Portman Road, since March 20, 2004.
On that day, a spectacular Dean Bowditch hat-trick and a further strike from Jermaine Wright, in injury-time, gave the Blues a 4-1 victory.
Watford have provided something of a bogey side for the Blues in recent years, Town ending their 15-game wait for a win in league or cup against Watford, last August, when Michael Chopra gave Town a 1-0 win at Vicarage Road with a late winner. The return clash at Portman Road in February saw an impressive Watford side run out 2-0 winners.
Town have a golden chance to improve their recent record against the Hornets on Saturday with the Blues having lost just two in 12.
Watford have taken just four points from the last possible 27 on offer and have only won once in the last 11 league games.
That run contributed to Gianfranco Zola resigning from his role as manager at Watford, the Italian winning 33 of his 75 games in charge.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's