GALLERY: Ipswich Town v Watford days gone by
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town go in search of their first victory against Watford at Portman Road, since March 20, 2004.
On that day, a spectacular Dean Bowditch hat-trick and a further strike from Jermaine Wright, in injury-time, gave the Blues a 4-1 victory.
Watford have provided something of a bogey side for the Blues in recent years, Town ending their 15-game wait for a win in league or cup against Watford, last August, when Michael Chopra gave Town a 1-0 win at Vicarage Road with a late winner. The return clash at Portman Road in February saw an impressive Watford side run out 2-0 winners.
Town have a golden chance to improve their recent record against the Hornets on Saturday with the Blues having lost just two in 12.
Watford have taken just four points from the last possible 27 on offer and have only won once in the last 11 league games.
You may also want to watch:
That run contributed to Gianfranco Zola resigning from his role as manager at Watford, the Italian winning 33 of his 75 games in charge.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash