Garvan gets Irish call
OWEN Garvan has been called into the Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad to face Portugal next week.Irish selectors have overlooked the Ipswich Town midfielder in recent years but his good form has finally been recognised.
By Derek Davis
OWEN Garvan has been called into the Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad to face Portugal next week.
Irish selectors have overlooked the Ipswich Town midfielder in recent years but his good form has finally been recognised.
Blues striker Billy Clarke is also in the squad and will be playing in front of his hometown fans in Cork.
The duo will also hoping to make the squad next month when the Republic face England, also in Cork.
Young Ipswich defender Tommy Smith was an unused substitute as England Under 17s set up a quarterfinal tie against Germany on Sunday after beating Syria 3-1 in the FIFA Under 17s World Cup finals in Korea.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's