George Boyd and Paul Taylor in Posh squad for Birmingham
PETERBOROUGH United duo George Boyd and Paul Taylor are in the Posh squad for Saturday’s visit to Birmingham City, in the Championship, after rejecting a switch to Ipswich Town.
The talented forwards, who held talks at Portman Road yesterday after Posh accepted a combined �1.75m bid from the Suffolk club, turned down the personal terms offered by the Blues.
Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson said: “I spoke to both players this morning. They both endured a long day yesterday, but they seemed fine and ready to get back to work with us.
“They are in my plans for Saturday and that will be the case until anyone tells me differently. Ipswich are the only club who have met our valuation of the players so they were given permission to speak to them.
“That happened yesterday, but for whatever reason the players have decided against the move so they are back with us. As far as I know no-one else has come in with an acceptable bid and if that situation doesn’t change then they will continue to play for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously things could change between now and 11pm tomorrow and if it happens I will deal with it as I have in the past at this club.
“No deals have been done for the other transfer listed players either and I don’t expect to sign anyone, unless we lose Taylor or Boyd. I do have plans in place should that happen.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Town are still expected to complete the loan signing of Celtic forward Daryl Murphy later today.