Grant Leadbitter to start against Middlesbrough
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that Grant Leadbitter will come straight back into his starting line-up for tomorrow night’s Championship visit of Middlesbrough to Portman Road.
The midfielder had started to hit top form – scoring three goals in three games – but was suspended for Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Watford due to the fact he picked up two yellow cards late on in last Wednesday’s 1-0 home win over Burnley.
“Grant will play tomorrow,” confirmed Jewell. “We’ve got a lot of options in midfield and whoever is going to miss out is going to be unlucky because everyone’s done well.”
Andy Drury and Lee Bowyer occupied the central midfield berths at Vicarage Road, and it could be the latter – who picked up a muscle injury during his last busy run of fixtures – who is given a rest for what is a third game in seven days.
Meanwhile, Jewell will be able to call on striker Jason Scotland again after the Trinidadian missed the last two matches through injury.
“He’s fit,” said Jewell. “It was just like he nicked something last Tuesday in training, a little adductor strain.
“He’s been with the physio all weekend though, he was in on Sunday and he trained this morning and he’s had no reaction so, all being well, he’ll be in the squad.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 4 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 5 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 6 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 9 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 10 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
“Nathan Ellington has trained this morning too, so everyone else is fit.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for full match preview.