Grant Leadbitter to start against Middlesbrough
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that Grant Leadbitter will come straight back into his starting line-up for tomorrow night’s Championship visit of Middlesbrough to Portman Road.
The midfielder had started to hit top form – scoring three goals in three games – but was suspended for Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Watford due to the fact he picked up two yellow cards late on in last Wednesday’s 1-0 home win over Burnley.
“Grant will play tomorrow,” confirmed Jewell. “We’ve got a lot of options in midfield and whoever is going to miss out is going to be unlucky because everyone’s done well.”
Andy Drury and Lee Bowyer occupied the central midfield berths at Vicarage Road, and it could be the latter – who picked up a muscle injury during his last busy run of fixtures – who is given a rest for what is a third game in seven days.
Meanwhile, Jewell will be able to call on striker Jason Scotland again after the Trinidadian missed the last two matches through injury.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s fit,” said Jewell. “It was just like he nicked something last Tuesday in training, a little adductor strain.
“He’s been with the physio all weekend though, he was in on Sunday and he trained this morning and he’s had no reaction so, all being well, he’ll be in the squad.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
“Nathan Ellington has trained this morning too, so everyone else is fit.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for full match preview.