Happy with game and new deals
Ipswich Town boss Paul Jewell, speaking after his sides 1-0 win at Bristol City this afternoon, revealed further good news by confirming that defender Damian Delaney was on the verge of signing a new contract.
A terrific strike from 17 year old Josh Carson on 53 minutes earned town their fourth win in their last five games at Ashton Gate, a result that moved the Suffolk club to within six points of the play-offs.
And town fans will also be delighted to learn of the recent positive developments with regards to contracts.
Jewell said; “ I spoke to Damien Delaney and he has more or less signed.
Hopefully there will be more news about one or two others, or even three or four by Monday.”
You may also want to watch:
Delaney is one of several players who have been mulling over offers of new contracts. Others include fellow defender Gareth McAuley, skipper David Norris, midfielder Colin Healy and Keeper Brian Murphy.
Referring to his side’s victory at Bristol, Jewell infused; “We are on a decent run at the moment and our away form is really good.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
It was a terrific finish from Josh (Carson). He is going to be a very good player” added Jewell.