Harding set for return as Sito struggles
DAN Harding is back in the reckoning for a starting place after Sito Castro was ruled out for a week with concussion.The Spaniard needed treatment from a paramedic after coming off during The Blues' goalless draw at hoe to Burnley on Saturday.
By Derek Davis
DAN Harding is back in the reckoning for a starting place after Sito Castro was ruled out for a week with concussion.
The Spaniard needed treatment from a paramedic after coming off during The Blues' goalless draw at hoe to Burnley on Saturday.
He spent the night in hospital before getting the all clear but has been told not to play for at least seven days.
You may also want to watch:
Fabian Wilnis who went on as a substitute and is favourite to keep the spot at right back while David Wright has shuffled over on the left.
Although Matt Richards is back from his loan spell with Brighton he will not be included in the squad that travels to Leicester City Christmas Day evening for the Boxing Day clash.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 9 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
Harding was not included in the 16 for the last game but will be recalled.
Manager Jim Magilton said: “Sito has to have a week's rest and so won't be available.
“Fabian did a good job so we will see.
“Dan played pretty much every game but Sito came in and did very well after Dan had a few off days. “If he gets an opportunity again he needs to make the most of it.”
Liam Trotter has been struggling with a slight hamstring problem but is expected to train in the morning and travel in the evening.