HAVE YOUR SAY: Special Ipswich Town transfer webchat to be held at 1.30pm on this website
THE conclusion of the summer transfer window is hotting up for Ipswich Town fans with Paul Jewell frantically trying to sign new players before tomorrow’s 11pm deadline.
While the double bid for Peterborough pair George Boyd and Paul Taylor has cooled, after the players failed to agree personal terms last night, Jewell has not given up hope of boosting his fragile squad – including the expected capture of Daryl Murphy today.
A new centre-back is also being actively sought while we understand Ryan Stevenson is not the only current squad member who might be heading out the exit door.
We want your views. What do you think of the current transfer situation? Are Town penny-pinching and if so who do you blame for the lack of arrivals – Jewell, Simon Clegg or Marcus Evans or a combination?
Or are you backing the Blues’ policy as we enter the era of Financial Fair Play?
You may also want to watch:
* Let us know by logging on and getting involved in today’s one-hour webchat from 1.30pm.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more