Haynes demolishes Canaries again
Ipswich Town 2 Norwich City 1DANNY Haynes' did it again as his demolition derby day record continued.Haynes netted the winner for Ipswich to take his record to four in four games against Norwich at senior level, after scoring at every other level against the East Anglian rivals.
Ipswich Town 2 Norwich City 1
DANNY Haynes did it again as his demolition derby day record continued.
Haynes netted the winner for Ipswich to take his record to four in four games against Norwich at senior level, after scoring at every other level against the East Anglian rivals.
Norwich went ahead after just four minutes when Town gave the ball away in midfield and Ched Evans drilled past Stephen Bywater from 25-yards.
The Blues equalised in the 13th minute when Pablo Counago laid the ball of for Haynes and his cross was turned into his own net by Alex Pearce.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 9 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
Counago and Haynes combined again five minutes before the break with the Spaniard playing a sublime ball into the striker's path and he slipped the ball under Marshall to score yet again against the team that rejected him as a teenager.
Shefki Kuqi made a surprise start but the gamble failed as he went of with a repeat of the hamstring injury that has kept him out for a month.
The win gives the Blues local bragging right and keeps Town's play-off hopes alive, although they are still outside the top six and have away games at Wolves and Preston to come.