‘He’s the life and soul of the club’ - Adam Webster on Luke Chambers
Adam Webster is delighted that fellow Ipswich Town defender Luke Chambers has been given a new deal at Portman Road.
Chambers signed a new two-year deal to stay at Ipswich earlier today, ending speculation that he was set to move away from Suffolk.
And Webster, who has played next to and with Chambers for half of the season, up until he ruptured ankle ligaments in mid-January, is delighted for Town’s skipper.
“He (Chambers) is the life and soul of the club,” said Webster.
“It was vital that he got a new deal and we are all delighted for him.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s played loads of games, and off the pitch, he’s there to help everyone which is brilliant.”
While centre-halves Webster, Chambers and Tommy Smith will all report to pre-season training at the end of June, the futures of Steven Taylor and Christophe Berra are still uncertain.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 A12 closed following serious collision
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab