Hyam and O’Connor could feature against Bury
Some of Paul Jewell’s fringe first team squad will get a chance to stake their claim when a Blues XI tonight take on non-league high-flyers Bury Town (7.45pm ko).
A crowd in excess of 1,000 people are expected at Ram Meadow and the likes of young midfielder Luke Hyam and Conor Hourihane could feature.
The duo, who were not involved against Cambridge United last night, both travelled on the tour of the Netherlands but neither got on against FC Eindhoven nor Den Bosch.
Shane O’Connor and Ronan Murray, who weren’t selected for last week’s tour and instead played for a very youthful Town XI against Haverhill Rovers, are also expected to be in the squad.
With former Town players James Scowcroft and John Kennedy in their ranks, Bury Town last season narrowly missed out on promotion from the Ryman League Premier Division and will be hoping to go one better in the coming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The match is the fifth and final friendly played between the two sides as part of the agreement that saw former Bury defender Ian Miller join Ipswich in 2006.
But Bury chairman Russell Ward said he hoped Town would continue to visit Ram Meadow in future pre-seasons with strong support in the community for both clubs.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week