I haven’t got to make flash saves to prove myself - Lee-Barrett
ARRAN Lee-Barrett says that he has two international goalkeepers ahead of him at Ipswich Town, but he doesn’t have to make flashy saves to prove himself.
The 26-year-old is expected to keep his place in the Blues side for Saturday’s Championship game at Burnley after replacing Marton Fulop in the 2-0 win over Scunthorpe on March 19.
That was his first senior game in over a year and he says: “It was a good game to come back for.
“I was not too busy and made a few minor errors that I would not have been happy about if I was my 20th game on the trot.
“You need games to build confidence, but I don’t think I have to make flash saves to prove myself.
You may also want to watch:
“I had a run in the side last season and feel I went a long way to proving that I can be consistent.
“I have two internationals ahead of me in Marton Fulop and Brian Murphy and playing first team football is what I want.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy