‘I’m absolutely buzzing’: Nydam signs new long-term deal at Ipswich Town
- Credit: ITFC
Ipswich Town have secured the long-term future of one of their brightest young stars, with the news midfielder Tristan Nydam has signed a new deal until the summer of 2021.
The 18-year-old has burst onto the scene alongside fellow youngster Flynn Downes during the opening months of the new season, putting in a string of impressive display in midfield.
His good form has now been rewarded with a new deal, which also includes the option of a further 12 months, with Nydam delighted to be able to commit his future to the club.
“I’m absolutely buzzing,” he said.
“I’ve been at the club since I was nine and to sign a contract extension is great for me and shows the hard work is paying off.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a decent start for me and the gaffer has put his trust in me. I could not be more grateful to him as a gaffer and the rest of my team-mates.
“This is nothing for me to look back on, I have to keep working hard and keep impressing the gaffer, TC and my team-mates.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
Nydam has featured 13 times for the Blues after making his debut in the Carabao Cup at Luton, having previously stated his aim to make 10 starts in what is his first season as a first-team player. He has now adjusted that goal, having already made eight.
“I feel good, I feel I’ve adjusted well to the Championship and I’m training well so I have to keep going,” he said.
“I need two more starts to reach that 10 but I’ve pushed it on to 15 now. Hopefully I can achieve that before the end of the season.”
Nydam is the second Ipswich youngster to sign a new deal today, after striker Ben Morris put pen to paper on an extension to the end of the 2018/19 season.
The teenager has been a regular fixture in the Blues’ Under 23 side this season, scoring twice, with both goals coming in a 5-2 win away at Nottingham Forest.
He also made his first-team debut for Ipswich earlier this campaign, coming off the bench to assists Bersant Celina’s consolation goal in the 2-1 defeat by Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup at Selhurst Park.