I want to hurt Norwich – Wickham
CONNOR Wickham has vowed to wreck revenge on Norwich City to banish his derby day blues.
The teenage striker was in the Ipswich Town side that lost 5-1 to their arch rivals in April on a dark night inside Portman Road.
Wickham has a chance to claim some revenge when the now-Sunderland frontman comes face-to-face with the Premier League new boys on Monday night.
The �8.1 million summer signing, who is expecting a hot reception at Carrow Road, said: “Playing against Norwich on Monday will be tough.
“I played against them last season and we got beat 5-1, so I’ll be going there looking to get some revenge.
You may also want to watch:
“You’re going to get stick, but that’s football. I want to make the fans go quiet. I want to go back there and hurt them.”
Wickham admitted he has been frustrated by manager Steve Bruce’s decision not to start him in the Premier League this season – but has insisted he is ready to do damage from the bench.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
And of his time at Portman Road, he said: “Ipswich is a great club and they taught me everything I know. I was there since I was 11 years old. What they did for me was brilliant, but I’ve moved on. I’m in the Premier League now and I’ve got to show what I can do.”