Ian Milne: Marcus Evans is as committed to Ipswich Town as ever
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town joint-managing director Ian Milne spoke on behalf of Marcus Evans in reaffirming the owner’s commitment to the club.
Milne was addressing fans at a question and answer session at the Mulberry Tree Pub, along with first-team players Frank Nouble and Anthony Wordsworth.
Despite his position, Evans has chosen to remain out of the spotlight at Portman Road but that has no bearing on his affection for the Blues.
Milne said: “Marcus is as committed as you or I and has put millions into the club.
“He is as enthusiastic about as the club as much as ever
You may also want to watch:
“After Paul Jewell left us, Marcus brought Mick McCarthy, who is the real deal and shows commitment. If Marcus was not wanting to stick around, he would not have gone for Mick.
“The aim is to get into the Premier League and he would not put all that money in, year in, year out otherwise.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
“It is his choice to remain private and you have to respect that.
“Myself and Jonathan Symonds are involved in day-to-day contact with Marcus, we have weekly reviews and Marcus gets to the club when he can.”