Ian Milne: Marcus Evans is as committed to Ipswich Town as ever
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town joint-managing director Ian Milne spoke on behalf of Marcus Evans in reaffirming the owner’s commitment to the club.
Milne was addressing fans at a question and answer session at the Mulberry Tree Pub, along with first-team players Frank Nouble and Anthony Wordsworth.
Despite his position, Evans has chosen to remain out of the spotlight at Portman Road but that has no bearing on his affection for the Blues.
Milne said: “Marcus is as committed as you or I and has put millions into the club.
“He is as enthusiastic about as the club as much as ever
“After Paul Jewell left us, Marcus brought Mick McCarthy, who is the real deal and shows commitment. If Marcus was not wanting to stick around, he would not have gone for Mick.
“The aim is to get into the Premier League and he would not put all that money in, year in, year out otherwise.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 7 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
“It is his choice to remain private and you have to respect that.
“Myself and Jonathan Symonds are involved in day-to-day contact with Marcus, we have weekly reviews and Marcus gets to the club when he can.”