INJURY NEWS: Cole Skuse reports minor injury ahead of QPR trip
- Credit: Archant
QPR v Ipswich: Cole Skuse had to cut short his training session this morning, but should be fit for Saturday’s trip to newly-relegated QPR.
The summer signing from Bristol City has been Town’s most impressive player at the start of the new season and earned plaudits for his central midfield display in last Saturday’s 3-0 home win over Millwall.
“Cole Skuse came off training early today as his hip flexor was sore, but they are telling me he’ll be fine,” said McCarthy.
Right-back Elliott Hewitt played the full 90 minutes as Wales Under-21s lost 5-1 to Finland in a European Championship qualifier yesterday, but was back at Playford Road today.
Midfielder Anthony Wordsworth missed the start of the season with a calf problem, but played in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the start of the week and is set to travel to Loftus Road.
McCarthy also says that Aaron Cresswell is fine following his return to action last weekend, the left-back playing 80 minutes having missed the previous two matches with a thigh strain.
“There are not problems with him,” said the Blues boss. “I only took him off for the last 10 minutes as a precaution.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 3 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 6 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 7 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 10 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
Town’s only injury concern surrounds back-up keeper Dean Gerken after he picked up a dead leg in training when clashing with striker Frank Nouble. Teenage academy graduate Michael Crowe stands by.
Meanwhile, McCarthy said there had been no interest in Cresswell while Josh Carson is set to return to Suffolk following a trial spell at League One club Bristol City.