Injury victims Huws and Bishop both in the squad for Sheffield Wednesday clash
- Credit: Archant
Emyr Huws and Teddy Bishop could both play a part for Ipswich Town against Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow night, manager Mick McCarthy has confirmed.
Neither player has kicked a ball this season due to injury, but McCarthy has confirmed both are available again and will play a part for the Blues over the next four games.
Huws looked set to make his return at Hull on Saturday but was not risked after he felt a twinge in his hamstring, but both the Welshman and Bishop are now ready to be on the field for the Blues if called upon.
“Emyr has trained and is involved and both he and Bish are in the squad,” McCarthy said.
“They are in the squad because we have four games in quick succession and they can both contribute. Whether they can cover 90 minutes of Championship football is another matter.
You may also want to watch:
“They both are very, very good technically. We can see in training that our training has improved because they have both been there.
“They are getting there and it’s that last final limp from training every day, playing in the under 23s and then playing in the first team. Of course you don’t want them in there too soon and having to come off at half-time with a tight hamstring.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“They have both looked good in training and are feeling good for being in the squad.”
Tommy Smith is still nursing a calf injury picked up while away with New Zealand and will not be involved, while Jonas Knudsen is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season at Hull. Myles Kenlock will replace him.