Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are closing in on the loan addition of Barnsley winger Luke Thomas, with Josh Harrop's arrival from Preston dependent on the results of a medical.
A deal for Thomas, 21, has long been agreed in principle, but we understand the Tykes have now given the green light to proceed and the switch could be confirmed as soon as today.
Josh Harrop, 25, is another player the club have had lined up for a loan since early January.
Preston have also agreed for that deal to go through now, but the Blues have made sure he's undergone a thorough medical given his injury background.
The former Manchester United youngster missed virtually the whole of the 2018/19 season with a knee injury and has struggled for game time this season due to hamstring niggles.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas was under the age of 21 at the start of last year so therefore will not count towards Town's salary cap. If Harrop arrives though, the Blues would have to cut a senior member from their squad to stay under the £2.5m limit.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship