Ipswich offer for St Ledger turned down
IPSWICH have had a bid for Preston centre back Sean St Ledger turned down, according to the Lilywhites chairman.
Paul Jewell was said to have targeted the 26-year-old as he looks to bolster his backline.
But Preston chairman Maurice Lindsay has revealed that the club have turned down an offer - as well as moves for Andrew Lonergan and Billy Jones from Cardiff City and Bristol City respectively.
Lindsay said: “We turned down a big bid from Bristol City for Billy, that was an improved offer from one they made earlier. Ipswich wanted to sign St Ledger and we said no.
“We also turned down a bid from Cardiff for Lonergan - they didn’t have the confidence to ring us up, we got a fax from them. This shows we are not a selling club, we are trying to strengthen in our battle to avoid relegation.”
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich’s links with a new defender has led to fears over the future of Gareth McAuley and Damien Delaney, both out of contract at the end of the season.
On what should be a busy day of transfer speculation, with the January deadline closing at 11pm, there are also concerns about the future of midfielder and skipper David Norris with Portsmouth known admirers.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
Luton midfielder Andy Drury continues to be linked with a move to Suffolk.
- Keep checking www.greenun24,co.uk for all of today’s latest transfer news from Portman Road as well as Paul Jewell’s press conference this afternoon.