Town target Swan made available for loan
- Credit: PA
Nottingham Forest boss Chris Hughton has officially made Ipswich Town target Will Swan available for loan.
Swan, 20, has made two sub appearances in the Championship having been prolific at youth team level for the East Midlands club.
It's understood that the Blues had the fleet-footed finisher watched last week but that he is one of a number of young strikers they are considering moving for ahead of tonight's 11pm transfer deadline.
Speaking after Forest's 0-0 home draw with Barnsley on Saturday, Hughton told Football League World: "He’s one we’re very much thinking about and the opportunity to go out and get some games.
“We see Miguel Angel Guerrero as a number 10, therefore we currently have two number nines in (Lyle) Taylor and (Lewis) Grabban.
“At this moment, even though Swanny hasn’t been involved so much, we’re wary of anything happening to them two. So unless we do something, he’ll stay.
“We have been thinking about it and we will make decisions today or tomorrow.”
Since then, Forest have signed veteran front man Glenn Murray on loan from Brighton, opening the door for Swan's departure.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 CCTV released following series of burglaries