Ipswich Town 1 Bristol City 3 player ratings: Mike Bacon gives his marks out of 10
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town lost 3-1 at home to Bristol City yesterday in a Championship clash. MIKE BACON rates the Blues players.
Bartosz Bialkowski – 7
Could do little about the goals and made a couple of decent saves. Didn’t have much to do, especially second half.
Dominic Iorfa – 5
Didn’t manage to get forward as much as he would have liked and ended up being substituted as Town re-shuffled in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Jonas Knudsen – 7
Settled into the game as it went on. Created goal, just a shame he couldn’t get forward more in the second half.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
Luke Chambers – 6
A couple of mis-placed passes, but steady game from the Town skipper. Had tough time with the Bristol attack.
Cole Skuse – 6
Didn’t command the midfield like he did on Tuesday night. Decent half-chance in the first half.
TRISTAN NYDAM – 8
Tough tackling, gritty performance from the youngster. Belied his years and coped well starting a game he didn’t expect to.
Martyn Waghorn – 6
Took his goal well but was nowhere near as effective as he would have liked to have been. Battled throughout.
David McGoldrick – 7
Some nice touches at times but again didn’t command the game as he would have liked. Limped off injured in second half.
Bersant Celina – 5
Bits and pieces but little flair from a player who was all flair a month ago! Subbed on the hour
Jordan Spence – 5
Missed a few headers in the first half and went to right-back in second as Town brought Webster on. Had far better games.
Joe Garner – 7
Feisty again from the striker. Tried everything to fire Town but to no avail. Had a right battle with the City centre-backs.
Adam Webster – 5
Returned from injury when replacing Iorfa at the break. Looked a little ring-rusty
Freddie Sears – 5
For Celina (62). Came on to stretch game, but little supply.
Grant Ward – 5
For McGoldrick (66). Couldn’t get into game as Town struggled to find any rhythm.