‘A few more signings and we’ll be gunning for a play-off spot’ - Town fans react to Blackburn draw
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans have been reacting to the season-opening 2-2 draw at home to Blackburn Rovers, Paul Hurst’s first competitive game in charge.
The Blues led early through Gwion Edwards’ wonderful back post header, but were trailing 2-1 heading into injury time when Tayo Edun, only signed on loan from Fulham yesterday, scored with what looked more like a cross than a shot from some 25-30 yards.
It was just about what Town deserved from a game which was played out in baking heat, in front of more than 18,000 fans.
Edwards particularly impressed on the wing, while Chelsea loanee Trevoh Chalobah showed many glimpses of his class and new striker Ellis Harrison never stopped running.
But both Blackburn goals were arguably mistakes in what looked a times a fairly shaky Town defence.
You may also want to watch:
What did you make of it all? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic