Highlights: Watch horror tackle on McGoldrick, Waghorn’s stunning header and Sheffield Wednesday’s heartbreaking equaliser
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
All the goals and incidents from Ipswich Town’s 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.
It looked as if the Blues had the game won as goals from Joe Garner and Martyn Waghorn gave them a 2-1 lead heading into added time, but Wednesday striker Atdhe Nuhiu popped up with a late, late equaliser to break Ipswich hearts.
The evening started in a a painful manner for David McGoldrick, who was the victim of a nasty tackle Glenn Loovens which left him needed hospital treatment for a nasty gash to his groin (0.10).
Jordan Rhodes then had a good chance for the visitors (0.27) but headed wide, before Bersant Celina tested Wednesday keeper Keiren Westwood with a low header.
Town were ahead just three minutes into the second half, as Jordan Spence flicked on Celina’s corner, allowing Garner to volley the ball home (0.45).
But when Spence handled a ball heading onto the foot of Steven Fletcher (1.04), Gary Hooper was presented with a chance from the spot which he took superbly.
Substitute Freddie Sears then made an impact as his ball found Emyr Huws (1.34), allowing the returning Welshman to hook the ball back into the box for Waghorn to angle a header home.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 10 Man allegedly four times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
But there was still time for Nuhiu to break Ipswich hearts as he rose above Adam Webster to head home the leveller (1.50).