Highlights: Watch horror tackle on McGoldrick, Waghorn’s stunning header and Sheffield Wednesday’s heartbreaking equaliser
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
All the goals and incidents from Ipswich Town’s 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.
It looked as if the Blues had the game won as goals from Joe Garner and Martyn Waghorn gave them a 2-1 lead heading into added time, but Wednesday striker Atdhe Nuhiu popped up with a late, late equaliser to break Ipswich hearts.
The evening started in a a painful manner for David McGoldrick, who was the victim of a nasty tackle Glenn Loovens which left him needed hospital treatment for a nasty gash to his groin (0.10).
Jordan Rhodes then had a good chance for the visitors (0.27) but headed wide, before Bersant Celina tested Wednesday keeper Keiren Westwood with a low header.
Town were ahead just three minutes into the second half, as Jordan Spence flicked on Celina’s corner, allowing Garner to volley the ball home (0.45).
You may also want to watch:
But when Spence handled a ball heading onto the foot of Steven Fletcher (1.04), Gary Hooper was presented with a chance from the spot which he took superbly.
Substitute Freddie Sears then made an impact as his ball found Emyr Huws (1.34), allowing the returning Welshman to hook the ball back into the box for Waghorn to angle a header home.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
But there was still time for Nuhiu to break Ipswich hearts as he rose above Adam Webster to head home the leveller (1.50).