Ipswich Town A-Z: H is for Matt Holland
- Credit: Jason Cairnduff
Over the course of the off-season, we’ll be bringing you some superb nostalgia videos looking at the A-Z of Ipswich Town.
Today we arrive at the letter H - which in our countdown is legendary former Town skipper Matt Holland.
Holland, one of the best midfield signings Town ever made, arrived from Bournemouth in the summer of 1997.
He would go on to make more than 300 appearances for the Blues, scoring 45 goals and leading Town to the Premier League in that famous play-off final win over Barnsley in 2000.
Holland left the Blues for Charlton in 2003, where he finished his career.
What are your memories of Holland's time at Town? Let us know below!
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties