Ipswich Town announce modest spend on agents’ fees compared to Championship rivals
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Only three Championship clubs spent less on agents’ fees than Ipswich Town in the last year.
An FA rule requires that payments made to licensed agents, now formally known as ‘registered intermediaries’, must be published on clubs’ websites before the end of November.
Ipswich Town have announced that they made payments of £261,346.50 to agents during the period October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015. That’s a reduction of almost £100k on the previous year (£360,618.58).
In total, Championship clubs spent more than £26m on agents’ fees.
Sky Bet Championship agents’ fees – 2014/15
Cardiff City £2,828,133
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 10 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
Hull City £1,813,919
Nottingham Forest £1,440,730
Blackburn Rovers £1,254,610
Derby County £1,102,071
Bolton Wanderers £964,869
Brighton & Hove Albion £912,421
Wolverhampton Wanderers £849,600
Sheffield Wednesday £792,203
Leeds United £786,897
MK Dons £672,371
Charlton Athletic £656,759
Birmingham City £443,570
Huddersfield Town £429,343
IPSWICH TOWN £261,347
Bristol City £231,316
Preston North End £194,961
Rotherham United £185,430