Ipswich Town announce new intake of academy scholars
Ipswich Town have announced their new intake of academy scholars.
The 10 youngsters were at Portman Road last night to meet first team manager Mick McCarthy and academy manager Bryan Klug, having been offered two-year scholarships.
Largely made up of local youngsters, the new scholars will become full-time scholars in the summer, with some having already represented the club at under 18 and under 21 level.
The new scholars are:
Mitchell Ware: Was previously at West Ham until this season, from Grays in Essex.
Ellis Murrell: From Kirton, has been at the Academy since U10.
Ross Marshall: Has been at the Academy for two years, signed from Broxbourne in Eastern Junior Alliance.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
Corrie Ndaba: From Dublin, has played for Cherry Orchard in Dublin.
Steven Cahill: From Newmarket, has been at the Academy two years. Signed from Newmarket Town in Eastern Junior Alliance.
Trystan Nydam: From Colchester, is on standby for England U17 for the European Championships. Has been at the Academy since U10.
Brett McGavin: From Bury St Edmunds, joined the Academy as U11.
Charlie Brown: From Felixstowe, has been at the Academy since U10. Scored for Town’s U21 already this year.
Albert Wilton: From Benfleet, Essex. Signed from Concord Rangers two years ago in Eastern Junior Alliance.
Jack Lankester: From Bury St Edmunds, joined the Academy as an U7.