Ipswich Town assistant Terry Connor plays down Michael Chopra’s potential return with Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Blackpool: Blues assistant boss Terry Connor is playing down Michael Chopra’s potential return to Portman Road with Blackpool on Saturday.
The 30-year-old has failed to score in 20 appearances for the Tangerines since leaving Suffolk in the summer, and has not featured since Blackpool’s 5-1 defeat at Reading on January 28.
However, the former Cardiff man, who endured a tough time on and off the pitch at Portman Road – not always endearing himself to the fans – scored for ‘Pool’s second string in their 3-3 draw with Rochdale in midweek.
Asked what kind of reception Chopra would get if he was to feature tomorrow, Connor said: “I haven’t picked their team, so I don’t know if he’s even involved or travelled down, but Michael’s a very, very good player and we all know his goalscoring record.
“You always are a little bit wary when a player with his pedigree comes back, but we’ll treat him as every other opponent, we’ll try and stop his strengths and work on the weaknesses.
“I think Michael will receive a good reception from the lads but we’ll treat it like any other player coming back.”
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week