Ipswich Town bid for Pompey duo Jason Pearce and Joel Ward
IPSWICH Town expect to hear in the next 48 hours if their bids for Portsmouth duo Jason Pearce and Joel Ward have been successful.
Following Paul Jewell’s new youth policy, the Blues hope to sign the defensive duo to bolster a beleaguered backline which has been leaking goals at an alarming rate.
Pearce, 24, is a no-nonsense centre back with a big reputation who only signed for Pompey in the summer for �500,000 from Bournemouth.
Ward, 22, is a versatile defender/midfielder who can play either right back, centre back or on either wing. Standing 5ft 9ins tall, he’s scored twice this season for Pompey.
Insiders at the cash-strapped Championship club believe that it would take a big offer from the Blues to persuade Pompey to part with the pair.
You may also want to watch:
The third player Town have bid for, a teenager, has yet to be named. Contrary to some reports, it is not Southend’s Kane Ferdinand.
- What do you think? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police