Ipswich Town boss Paul Jewell wants three-month loan deal for Danny Higginbotham
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell believes on loan defender Danny Higginbotham could extend his stay at Portman Road to three months.
The 33-year-old centre-back, who has started three matches since his September switch, is scheduled to complete his one month loan from Stoke after next Tuesday’s game against Derby.
But Town have been negotiating with the Potters over an extension to that loan which could see Higginbotham remain at Ipswich until Christmas.
“We are hopeful that we will be able to keep Danny,” said Jewell.
“He’s come here to play football and he’s doing that. He’s enjoying it here and I’ve told him we want him to stay.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re in conversation with Stoke and we will see how things work out but we are certainly hopeful that he will be remaining with us, ideally for the maximum three months.”
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency