Ipswich Town boss to make seven changes from Barnsley victory for Blues’ League Cup with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager will be without the injured Brett Pitman (thigh) and Daryl Murphy (rest) for tomorrow night’s League Cup First Round clash at home to Stevenage.
Pitman picked up a slight injury in training on Sunday morning, while Murphy is being given a few days extra off to recover from his exploits with Republic of Ireland at Euro 2016.
“Brett Pitman has a bitof a thigh strain so he’ll be missing and Murph is missing because I have given him a few days off, because of his exploits in the summer.
“If he does not get it now he will never get it because he will be going away on international duty, so he won’t be available.”
McCarthy has confirmed his side for the game and has made seven changes from the team that started the 4-2 league victory over Barnsley on Saturday.
Hat-trick hero Grant Ward and Conor Grant, who both made great impacts as substitutes, start the game, as do Dean Gerken, Tommy Smith, Paul Digby, Jonathan Douglas and Andre Dozzell.
Dropping out from the first XI are Bartosz Bialkowski, Adam Webster, Christophe Berra, Teddy Bishop, David McGoldrick, Murphy and Cole Skuse.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 7 Buildings damaged after reports of people running on rooftops
- 8 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 9 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 10 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
Town: Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Digby, Knudsen, Bru, Dozzell, Douglas, Grant, Ward, Sears.