Ipswich Town boss to make seven changes from Barnsley victory for Blues’ League Cup with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager will be without the injured Brett Pitman (thigh) and Daryl Murphy (rest) for tomorrow night’s League Cup First Round clash at home to Stevenage.
Pitman picked up a slight injury in training on Sunday morning, while Murphy is being given a few days extra off to recover from his exploits with Republic of Ireland at Euro 2016.
“Brett Pitman has a bitof a thigh strain so he’ll be missing and Murph is missing because I have given him a few days off, because of his exploits in the summer.
“If he does not get it now he will never get it because he will be going away on international duty, so he won’t be available.”
McCarthy has confirmed his side for the game and has made seven changes from the team that started the 4-2 league victory over Barnsley on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Hat-trick hero Grant Ward and Conor Grant, who both made great impacts as substitutes, start the game, as do Dean Gerken, Tommy Smith, Paul Digby, Jonathan Douglas and Andre Dozzell.
Dropping out from the first XI are Bartosz Bialkowski, Adam Webster, Christophe Berra, Teddy Bishop, David McGoldrick, Murphy and Cole Skuse.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Town: Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Digby, Knudsen, Bru, Dozzell, Douglas, Grant, Ward, Sears.